Big Cat (Café Manager)
The Big Cat (Café Manager) is responsible for leading all coffee alchemist(barista) team members in the efficient and profitable operation of a Seattle Meowtropolitan cafe. He/she is responsible for managing the day-to-day store operations, maintaining high store standards and conditions, and fostering a positive environment, which provides consistent fast, efficient, and friendly service. The Big Cat is to collaborate and working in unison with the Lord Commander of the Cat’s Watch(cat lounge supervisor) ensuring a Total Quality Experience for both our customers and team members. The cafe manager creates the tone and personality of the cafe by being an advocate of training, customer service, product knowledge and education, encouraging safe work practices, and a demonstrated commitment to our Standard Operating Procedure and House Rules.
- Manages the day-to-day store operations, maintains high store standards and conditions, and fosters a positive environment, which provides consistent fast, efficient, and friendly service.
- Ensures and is accountable for profitability of the store by growing sales and controlling costs of goods, inventory levels, labor, supplies and expenses. (Guidelines will be provided.)
- Oversees all cash and media management functions. Able to perform all POS duties, front and back of house functions including opening and closing procedures.
- Ensures proper team member coverage, scheduling according to the needs of business while maintaining target labor costs.
- Identifies staffing, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training needs of qualified candidates. Facilitates on-going training and development of current staff.
- Maintains a clean well-merchandised store, following visual presentation plans and standards. Plans, executes and communicates all sales promotions and new product information effectively and efficiently.
- Collaborate and working in unison with the Lord Commander of the Cat’s Watch (cat lounge supervisor) ensuring a Total Quality Experience for both our customers and team members.
- Creates the tone and personality of the cafe by being an advocate of training, customer service, product knowledge and education, encouraging safe work practices, and a demonstrated commitment to our Standard Operating Procedure and House Rules.
- Promotes and practices safe work habits, identifying and resolving potential safety hazards, operational inconsistencies and any team member or customer incidents. Documents accidents, conducts initial investigation and determination of root cause in the interest of maintaining a safe work environment. Conducts monthly safety meetings ensuring team member compliance in all safety initiatives.
- 6 months experience with Seattle Meowtropolitan or 2 years retail management experience required.
- Proficient on a computer; familiar with software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekends, evenings and special events as needed.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
- Must have effective problem solving/decision making abilities.
- This position will require frequent standing and use of hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs and frequently bend and twist from the waist.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Coffee Alchemist (Barista)
A barista at Seattle Meowtropolitan is responsible for serving customers with not only respect and kindness, but with cat-like attentiveness. He or she will be knowledgeable about the products and services offered at Seattle’s only cat cafe, and assist the manager with assigned duties.
Bonus points if you’re adept at creating cat-themed latte art.
- Educate customers on the drinks and snacks available
- Maintain an organized workspace
- Prepare drinks according to company recipes and procedures
- Understand the different flavors and attributes of available products
- Keep coffee bar, mini-fridge, and immediate workspace adequately stocked and supplied
- Ring sales orders accurately
- Promote the cat lounge experience
- Give customers cat lounge entrance instructions and point out the rules
Feline Guardian (Cat Lounge Attendant)
A cat lounge attendant is responsible for serving customers and felines with respect and kindness. At Seattle Meowtropolitan, your knowledge, patience, loving nature, and enthusiastic passion for working with cats will ensure that we provide a nurturing and fulfilling environment in the cat lounge.
YOU WILL BE WORKING WITH CATS - if you have any complications working with felines, this position may not be right for you.
- Adoption preparation and support: following behavior modification protocols to help prepare felines for adoption, as well as helping customers who are interested in adoption find a suitable cat for their home.
- Cat care: taking care of cats’ physical, mental, and emotional needs by following the daily behavior and physical observation protocol
- Lounge care: Maintaining the overall cleanliness and organization of the cat lounge according to protocols and regulations to ensure the wellbeing of the cats
- Meal preparation: following daily feeding schedules for the cats to keep them well-nourished and healthy
- Cleaning: cleaning the cat lounge and all cat areas while socializing with the cats according to Seattle Meowtropolitan cleaning procedures.
- Doing cat lounge laundry
- Stocking supplies for the cat lounge
- Educating customers on cat care, handling, and behavior
- Helping customers enjoy the cat lounge experience by providing excellent customer service with patience and friendliness