Seattle’s First Pop-Up Cat Cafe
SUNDAY UPDATE: NO WALK-INS WILL BE ACCEPTED. PLEASE DO NOT COME IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A RESERVATION. WE WILL BE AT FULL CAPACITY ALL DAY. THANKS!
Valentine’s Weekend: Saturday, February 14 & Sunday, Feb. 15
Seattle Meowtropolitan is hosting a pop-up cat cafe. It’s the very first event of its kind in Seattle.
What is a pop-up cat cafe?
It’s a coffee shop full of cats. For one weekend, we are running a cat cafe that will simulate the permanent one due to open in the middle of this year.
Where is it?
It will be at FLUTTER Studios in Pioneer Square.
Cats. Meow Cat Rescue will bring about a dozen cats. You can play with them and, if you fall in love, adopt one*. We want Seattleites to provide loving homes and families for more cats. Please do not bring your own cats.
*adoptions will not be happening on-site. You can fill in the paper-work, but the cats will not be going home with adopters that day.
How much does admission cost?
Walk-in admission costs $10 for 30 minutes.
Can I make a reservation?
Absolutely, you may make a half-hour reservation below for $10, and it comes with a complimentary cup of Herkimer coffee. If you choose to walk in, you just miss out on the complimentary coffee. However, be aware that capacity is limited and you may not be able to come in at the time that you want without a reservation.
[dopbsp id=”1″ lang=”en”]
Once again, do not bring your own cat. We will not allow any outside cats into the building.
There’s not much parking at the building, but there is parking around Pioneer Square. If you do not like the hassle of finding parking, public transportation is recommended. The location is walkable from major bus lines.
Interacting with the cats:
- Give the cats their space and do not restrict their freedom of movement.
- Do not harass the cats. If they want to be left alone, leave them alone.
- Refrain from making loud noises and stressing them out.
- Do not feed the cats.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry and service to anyone.
- If you do anything that is detrimental to the well-being of the cats, we will kick you out.
- Those of you who bring kids: they are your reponsibility. You MUST supervise your kids at all times. Parent your children, or else we will.
- Cats can be volatile. We cannot perform animal mind-control, so be wary around them. If they show signs of aggression or discomfort, please do not agitate them further. We are not liable if they lash out at you.