Seattle Meowtropolitan opened the day after Christmas in 2015. Many but not enough cat naps later, we are 3 years old!
Penguin is still mischievous and single-minded at getting all the cat treats he can.
His sister Robin continues to charm everyone with her diverse tricks and sweet meows and honing her bandit skills of stealing whip cream from unsuspecting hoomans.
Django’s fur is smoother than ever, and has claimed the suspension bridge as his personal afternoon napping spot.
Merlin still hasn’t overcome his fear of balloons, but secular as he is day from day 1. If you’ve gotten the chance to catch a few pets as he passes you are takes a nap, consider yourself lucky.
As for Clouds, if a cloud would reincarnate into a cat, it would be Clouds. Sir Clouds continues to hold the title to the Best Cat Meowdel of the Feline Kingdom, and most full figured lap cat.
What I am trying to say is : Holy meowly, Seattle Meowtropolitan is one more year older!
The cats kept us busy, and the hooman’s visit kept our cats fed and happy. To celebrate and thank you all for your support, visit the cat lounge on Dec 26th, our anniversary and we’ll give all of you a pair of Meowtropolitan cat socks.
We’ll be giving out limited amount of numbers of socks for each resident cat: Django, Clouds, Robin, Squid, Penguin and Merlin! So come ask for your favorite resident cat socks while supplies last.
Book your visit HERE
Here’s to many more years of cats and cat hair everywhere( ****except in your coffee. No cat hairs in your coffee)!!
Warm Purrs and Sincere Meows,
Ghost Cat and all the cats of Meowtropolitan
Artwork credit :
Friends of the Feline Kingdom, we have launched our Cat Lounge Membership program. For the frequent feline visitors, you will now get perks for coming to the cat lounge at a reduced rate.
|Lion (Gold) Purrchase HERE||Nine lives VIP(Individual Pass) Purrchase HERE||The Whole Pride (Family Pass) Purrchase HERE|
Note: On your purchase through the website, an email with instructions and your purchase receipt will be sent to your inbox, please check your spam box if you do not see it.
*All cat lounge visits subjected to space availability in Cat Lounge, please make a reservation to ensure spot. No complimentary drinks with unlimited visits.
**Membership starts at the time of purchase and expires one year from the end of the month that you purchased it in. Example: If you purchased on May 20, 2017, your expiration date would be May 31, 2018. Please allow 5 business days to process your order.
***Named adult must be present during the visit.
To buy your membership, click on the icons or links above to the corresponding membership levels.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
Membership is non-refundable and non-transferable. Misuse may result in forfeiture. Membership prices and benefits are subject to change.
Membership visits are applicable only during the hours of operation of Seattle Meowtropolitan cat cafe. A single visit consists of up to 50 minutes in the cat lounge starting from 11:10am, 12:10pm, 1:10pm, 2:10pm, 4:10pm, 5:10pm, 6:10pm, 7:10pm, or 8:10pm.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY
I, the undersigned, hereby release Seattle Meowtropolitan, Inc., and its board members, volunteers, foster families and affiliates of any and all liability, expense, damage, loss or cost as a result of any claim brought against Seattle Meowtropolitan, Inc. whether as a result of negligence, willful action or recklessness. I acknowledge that cats, even under the best of circumstances, may be unpredictable, may bite or scratch, and may transmit zoonotic diseases. I will not hold Seattle Meowtropolitan, Inc. liable for any emotional, physical, personal or property damage suffered while participating, both directly and/or indirectly. I further agree that no other person, including but not limited to a spouse, family member, friend or other participant on my behalf, will hold Seattle Meowtropolitan, Inc. liable for any accident, damage, bodily injury or even death (including attorney’s fees) that arises from my voluntary participation in Seattle Meowtropolitan Cafe.
It is further agreed and understood that I shall maintain in full force and effect, a policy of insurance covering medical treatment and all related costs in the event of an injury to me as a result of my participation in any and all activities at Seattle Meowtropolitan Cat Cafe as aforesaid. I also agree that if I do not maintain in full force and effect a policy of insurance, I am still liable for medical treatment and all related costs in the event of an injury to me as a result of my participation in any and all activities involving Seattle Meowtropolitan Cat Cafe as aforesaid. I further release and forever discharge Seattle Meowtropolitan, Inc. from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first aid, treatment, or service rendered in connection with my activities at Seattle Meowtropolitan Cat Cafe.
TERMS AND RULES OF THE CAT LOUNGE
I hereby acknowledge and accept that I may forfeit membership fees to and be refused service from Seattle Meowtropolitan, Inc. if I violate the following rules of Seattle Meowtropolitan Cat Cafe:
- Minimum age for entrance into the cat lounge is 8 years old.
- I will not bring my own or otherwise foreign cat or animal into the event venue.
- I will give cats appropriate space and will not restrict their freedom of movement.
- I will not harass the cats, physically or with loud noises.
- I will refrain from picking up cats or trapping them in any way.
- If I am a Parent or Guardian, I will supervise and accompany my minor or child at all times. Their actions are my responsibility.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry and service to anyone.
- If you do anything that is detrimental to the well-being of the cats, we will kick you out.
- Those of you who bring kids, they are your responsibility. You MUST supervise your kids at all times.
- Cats can be volatile. We cannot perform animal mind-control, so be wary around them. If they show signs of aggression or discomfort, please do not agitate them further. We are not liable if they lash out at you.
The cats are looking forward to the holidays! The cat cafe will close or have reduced hours coming up, so make sure you know our holiday hours.
Nov 22nd -CLOSED for Thanksgiving
Dec 24th – Open 9:00am until 1:30pm
Dec 25th – CLOSED for Xmas
Dec 31st – CLOSED for New Year’s Eve
Jan 1st – CLOSED for New Year’s Day
Remember to book your visits in advance at seattlemeowtropolitan.com/visit
SEATTLE MEOWTROPOLITAN BLACK FRIDAY SALES STARTS NOW!
We are offering a limited-time promotion for 50% off the monthly yoga membership (Meowga Monthly), yoga 5-class pack (Feline Flow Five Pack), and painting 4-pack (Purr & Paint Four Pack) until the day after Thanksgiving (11/23/18). This would be a fantastic holiday gift for your cat lady friend!
Use the code THANKSMEOW18 when checking out for the 50% discount.
Meowga Monthly: Buy Here
Feline Flow Five Pack: Buy Here
Paint & Purr Four Pack: Buy Here
Get in on the deal while it lasts!
HEAR, HEAR !
We’ve been named as the top themed cafe in the US. Based on Yelp reviews, the data-driven neighborhood directory Hoodline has determined that Seattle Meowtropolitan cat cafe is the top of the litter in the ENTIRE NATION!
READ THE ARTICLE HERE: https://hoodline.com/2018/10/purrfectly-quirky-america-s-25-favorite-themed-cafes
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you human visitors, from the bottom of our heart, for supporting and coming to visit our cat lounge.
We set out to bring Seattle its first Cat Cafe in the end of 2015. Our mission was to provide an unique experience for the community and a platform for humans and felines to interact in a comfortable environment. Furthermore, to educate people about felines and raise awareness for homeless cats. Our team is proud to provide stellar customer service and contribute to the welfare of cats. We appreciate the wonderful Yelp reviews you’ve left and will continue to provide the community top quality coffee and feline experience. Please continue showing us your support and your love for our cat lounge as we continue to pair homeless cats with loving families.
and the Cats of Meowtropolitan
[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_video link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odsoPlp5fik”][/vc_column][/vc_row]
[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]Written by Sandy Robins for ökocat (photo on right),
Sandy is a leading multi-media celebrity pet lifestyle expert and influencer and a regular contributor and columnist in multiple national publications such as Modern Dog, Dog Fancy and Cat Fancy as well as industry leaders such as Pet Age magazine and mainstream media such as Consumers Digest. Her books include the award-winning Fabulous Felines: Health and Beauty Secrets for the Pampered Cat and For The Love of Cats. Her latest book, The Original Cat Bible is out now. Sandy is an avid campaigner for animal shelters and laws that protect animals everywhere. She is a strong advocator of pet adoption. Of course it goes without saying that she is a besotted pet parent to a menagerie of fur kids at her home in Southern California.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_single_image image=”15691″ img_link_target=”_self”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]The right litter choice for your cat is a type that she is happy to use and simultaneously meets a pet parent’s prerequisite for easy cleanup and effective odor control.
Fortunately, pet parents now have better options than clay litter such as eco-friendly alternatives made from coconut husks, wheat, corn and now ökocat™ 100% natural litter made from reclaimed wood and paper materials.
Natural litters provide benefits to you, your cat and the environment because they are made from sustainable resources and are fully biodegradable, unlike clay litters. Plus, no harmful chemicals or synthetic scents are added, which can be a real turn-off for some cats.
When choosing a natural litter, you not only want it to be healthy and safe for your cat but also convenient and lightweight, with great odor control and very little dust. High absorbency and easy cleanup is important too.
Consider trying one of the new natural litters from ökocat which have all the important benefits that mean the most. Superior absorbency, 7 day odor control, biodegradable and very little dust make ökocat litter the right natural choice for you and your cat.
*WE HAVE STOPPED TAKING APPLICATIONS THANKS TO EVERYBODY WHO APPLIED*
This is a part-time position for 12 – 18 hours (2 – 3 shifts) per week.
-Professional or volunteer experience working with cats
-Availability to work our morning shift (9:30am-4pm)
-Customer service skills and a passion for our feline friends
Seattle Meowtropolitan, Seattle’s cat cafe is hiring! We are looking for an outgoing, personable, and knowledgeable person with feline handling experience to fill a part time position as a Feline Guardian.
A Feline Guardian at the Seattle Meowtropolitan is responsible for serving customers and felines with respect and kindness. At Seattle Meowtropolitan, your knowledge, patience, loving nature, and enthusiastic passion for working with cats will ensure that we provide a nurturing and fulfilling environment in the cat lounge. Responsibility as a Feline Guardian includes:
- Cat care: taking care of cats’ physical, mental, and emotional needs by following the daily behavior and physical observation protocol. This includes following daily feeding schedules and administering any necessary medications for the cats.
- Lounge care: Maintaining the overall cleanliness and organization of the cat lounge according to protocols and regulations to ensure the wellbeing of the cats and our customers. This includes scooping litter boxes and restocking supplies.
- Customer care: Educating customers on cat care, handling, and behavior, as well as helping customers enjoy the cat lounge experience by providing excellent customer service with patience and friendliness.
YOU WILL BE WORKING WITH CATS – if you have any complications working with felines, this position may not be right for you.
If you are interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
*WE HAVE STOPPED TAKING APPLICATIONS THANKS TO EVERYBODY WHO APPLIED*
Seattle’s only cat cafe is hiring a barista to work for up to 20 hours per week.
A barista at Seattle Meowtropolitan is responsible for serving customers with not only respect and kindness, but with cat-like attentiveness. He or she will be knowledgeable about the products and services offered at Seattle’s only cat cafe, and assist the manager with assigned duties.
Bonus points if you’re adept at creating cat-themed latte art.
- Educate customers on the drinks and snacks available
- Maintain an organized workspace
- Prepare drinks according to company recipes and procedures
- Understand the different flavors and attributes of available products
- Keep coffee bar, mini-fridge, and immediate workspace adequately stocked and supplied
- Ring sales orders accurately
- Promote the cat lounge experience
- Give customers cat lounge entrance instructions and point out the rules
Quality of Service:
- Greet customers with an upbeat demeanor
- Call out customer orders in a friendly manner
- Record and report all customer complaints to manager
- Respond swiftly to customer requests and concerns to prevent customer dissatisfaction
- Answer the telephone in a courteous manner and provide information to customers
- Maintains efficient, friendly service
- Uphold company values
Cleaning and Restocking:
- Restock shelves with merchandise when necessary
- Clean the floor, windows, and seating areas periodically
- Clean the coffee equipment and snacks display area
- Reports potential safety hazards to the manager on duty
- Reports all employee accidents to the manager on duty
Skills & Physical Demands:
- Running errands when needed
- Working during special events when needed
- Being available to work overtime if needed
- Excellent verbal communication and social skills
- Well-organized and clean
- Standing for many hours per shift
- Ability to actively to perform coffee-making duties with finesse and dexterity
- Regular lifting of heavy things, up to 60lbs
- Handling food and hot beverages
To apply, send a resume to email@example.com